90th Anniversary Photo Contest
To celebrate our 90th Anniversary, we had a photo contest!
Open to amateur and professional photographers, Weems & Plath’s 90th Anniversary Photo Contest sought to showcase the many useful, celebrated, and beautiful products that have been developed by the company since its founding in 1928 by Captain P.V.H. Weems.
We had been looking for photographs of you with your favorite Weems & Plath products or that showed your Weems & Plath product in use on-board your boat or beautifying your home. Images should have showed Weems & Plath branding or be identifiable as a Weems & Plath product.
Judging was then conducted by a panel of Weems & Plath employees with a selection of entries based on subject matter, creativity and uniqueness. Facebook followers were then able to vote for the winners from selected photos online through “Likes” in tournament-fashion of a series of quarter-finals.
First Prize: Weems & Plath Porthole Weather Center (valued at $221.99)Second Prize: Weems & Plath Endurance II #115 Brass Quartz Clock (valued at $199.99)Third Prize: Weems & Plath Brass Magnifier Chart Weight (valued at $59.99)
The winning photographs are featured above and on our Facebook page
, giving the winner bragging rights for an unlimited time. Thank you to everyone who participated in our contest! We had an absolute blast and hope you did too!
Official Rules & Guidelines:
- Images must be submitted electronically, be an original photo, and the property of the entrant. Your submission grants Weems & Plath the right to use your photograph.
- Photos must not infringe any copyright/trademark rights, nor violate any rights of privacy or publicity.
- Photos that contain obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit or objectional or inappropriate content will immediately be disqualified.
- Images that show identifiable people will need a signed release for submission. Click here to obtain submission release form.
- Winners will be notified by email not later than June 7, 2018.
- Prizes must be claimed within 90 days of notification and will be shipped within the Continental US at Weems & Plath's expense.
- In the event of unclaimed prizes, Weems & Plath reserves the right to choose an alternate winner.
- No prize substitutions will be permitted, nor may they be redeemed for cash.
- This contest is intended to be FUN. We would like to keep legal jargon to a minimum. Any taxes or adjudication will be governed by the State of Maryland.