This yacht compass can be used on high speed boats that require flush bulkhead mounting and can be mounted with up to a 5 degree variance. It is highly dampened so that it can take the vibrational abuse that occurs at high speeds.
The Merkur VZE Compass is manufactured in Germany by C. Plath and features a full spherical construction with an internal gimbal system which accommodates all angles of heel without compromising accuracy. And, the oscillation-free double bottom compensates for volumetric changes.
The black housing is seawater resistant and made of a light alloy and the super-strong glass dome is insensitive to ultraviolet rays and is guaranteed for life against cracking, crazing and yellowing under normal use.
The accuracy of indication, lag error, and oscillation period all exceed the International Organization of Standards norm. Additionally, the vibration resistance of this yacht compass exceeds requirements of BSH (German Hydrographic Institute).
Other features include:
- Red glare-free illumination
- Concave card with clear 5 degree graduation
- 6 lubber lines for easy reading at any angle.
- Black Card and Bezel
- Accuracy of indication: less than or equal to 1 degree
- Lag error: less than or equal to 2 degrees
- Oscillation period: greater than or equal to 4.7 sec
- Temperature range: -22 degrees F to 158 degrees F
- For flush bulkhead mounting
- Can be mounted with a 5 degree variance
- Duplex card: easily read as a direct or dished card
- Optional back cover for neat installations
- Compensation capsule available
- Three year warranty on body