The Southern Hemisphere Hand Bearing Compass is designed for use south of the equator by compensating for dip. The colorful, sturdy, rubber housing protects the compass in harsh environments. A perfect companion for sailors and small boat operators, this durable hockey puck style compass is easy-to-read and accurate to within 1 °. A heading can be determined in one of two ways: by looking straight down the compass and reading the angle shown with the magnifying lens, or by holding the compass near the eye and reading down the line of sight. It features a two-colored photo luminescent card that's numbered every 5 degrees, and provides battery free illumination. A stable bearing appears in the prism in perfect focus, day or night. Keep it close by with the neck/wrist lanyard.
For Southern Hemisphere by compensating for dip.
- Liquid-dampened two color card
- Graduated every 1°
- Numbered every 5°
- Accurate to within 1°
- Photo luminescent night lighting quickly charges by placing compass momentarily under bright light
- No batteries required
- Colorful, sturdy, rubber housing protects compass
- Lanyard serves as convenient neck or wrist strap
- Directions for use included
- Works at high altitudes
- Compass for Northern Hemisphere (2005) also available
- Lifetime warranty