We are in need of a part-time (16-24 hours per week) Engraver to create personalized, one-of-a-kind gifts, name badges and trophies.
Duties & Required Tasks:
- Operate computer-aided engraving machine and Mimaki UV color printer, as well as other mechanically operated machines.
- Assuming responsibility for maintaining engraving equipment and performing daily and monthly maintenance of the Mimaki UV color printer.
- Assuring that personalized items are completed in a timely manner and meet or exceed the customer's expectations and quality control.
- Perform engraving and color printing of text, logos, and designs on brass, metal, plastic, glass and other surfaces.
- Responsible for helping to manage the engraving material and supplies.
- Liaison with the Art Director to ensure final product matches customer's proof and meeting critical deadlines.
- Organization of the engraving area in relation to equipment, supplies and various tools/cutters.
organization and time management skills
- Previous engraving experience is a plus
- Ability to do accurate & detailed work; paying attention to detail
- Good spelling and math ability
- Aptitude for working with computers; craft skills
with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
outgoing, high energy
- Ability to lift small to medium-sized packages
- Knowledge of power tools, such as drills, is a plus
- Have good eyesight and hand-to-eye coordination
- Excellent concentration and patience
*Eye protection must be worn when working with power tools, with the exception of the engraving machine and Mimaki UV color printer.
Weems & Plath is a dynamic business with a positive work environment built
on trust and respect.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.